- To improve the access to information for the migrant workers at different stages of the migration cycle. (pre – departure preparation, working and living in a foreign country, returning and reintegration)
- To increase the availability of legal services to the migrants and their families.
- To increase the availability of psychosocial services to the migrants and their families.
- To facilitate family development plan for the migrant families using the Appreciative Inquiry Approach during the Pre-Departure period.
- To promote gender equality in the home and overall family wellbeing.
- To make the migrant families financially literate which capacitates the families to use their savings, earnings to improve the quality of the family.
- To ensure the protection of the children / adolescents of migrant families through the community structures.
- To promote the community partnership with the relevant government agencies engaged in the field of labour migration.
Where: Negambo and Wattala.
1st March 2017 -End of February 2020.
Men women and families of migrant workers received information on safe migration.
- Women and Men Migrant workers and their families address their grievance redressal mechanisms.
- Women and Men Migrant workers and their families improve capacities for the use of remittance, of skills and to prepare for return and reintegration.
Women and Men Migrants and their families have improved access to information on safe Labour migration.
Project Coordinator : Mr.T.M.p.Peiris
Field officers : Mr. B.Asanka Prasad Fernando, Mrs.Inoka Dissanayake.