Safe Labour Migration
Safe labour Migration
- To improve the access to information for the migrant workers at different stages of the migration cycle. (pre – departure preparation, working and living in a foreign country, returning and reintegration)
- To increase the availability of legal services to the migrants and their families.
- To increase the availability of psychosocial services to the migrants and their families.
- To facilitate family development plan for the migrant families using the Appreciative Inquiry Approach during the Pre-Departure period.
- To promote gender equality in the home and overall family wellbeing.
- To make the migrant families financially literate which capacitates the families to use their savings, earnings to improve the quality of the family.
- To ensure the protection of the children / adolescents of migrant families through the community structures.
- To promote the community partnership with the relevant government agencies engaged in the field of labour migration.
Where: Negambo and Wattala.
Duration: 1st March 2017 -End of February 2020.
Activity: Men women and families of migrant workers received information on safe migration.
- Women and Men Migrant workers and their families address their grievance redressal mechanisms.
- Women and Men Migrant workers and their families improve capacities for the use of remittance, of skills and to prepare for return and reintegration.
Responsibility: Women and Men Migrants and their families have improved access to information on safe Labour migration.
Project Coordinator : Mr.T.M.p.Peiris
Field officers : Mr. B.Asanka Prasad Fernando, Mrs.Inoka Dissanayake.