Tolerance and harmony
Promoting a common vision for tolerance and harmony among all Religions in Sri Lanka” (Religious Amity)
- Attitudinal change and understanding among the public on the importance of Religious Tolerance.
- Greater understanding the respect for Freedom of worship and practice of all religions.
- Religious tension eased and protective actions initiated by inter Religious Forums
(IRF) at Villages to take part in the process of promoting Religious Harmony island Wide.
- Equal opportunities created for Children and Youth of both Genders in the villages to take part in the process of promoting Religious Harmony Island wide.
- The Approach, the process and the experience of Caritas Sri Lanka For Religious Amity Becomes a model and example to other organizations and countries with Similar Context.
Duration: 2015 October to 2020 December.
Activity: Number of competitions held to disseminate messages on common religious values (Art Competitions) (3 Competitions in each DC)
- Number of Children’s and Youth Societies established in the DC level to promote Religious Amity (1 Children’s Society and 1 Youth Society)
- Number of Monthly Activities for Children’s and Youth Societies (10 Activities)
- Number of exhibitions held to promote Religious Harmony at the Diocesan Level (1 Exhibition in each DC
- Number of Visibility and IEC materials produced to promote inter religious harmony
Responsibility: Religious Harmony prevails at village and Diocesan level through understanding and accepting ‘Unity in Diversity’ among different religious faith communities by 2020
Project Coordinator : Mr.P.A.D. Lalith S. Kumara